Latest SSSP News
Congratulations to the 2011 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists!
Congratulations to the 2011 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists! The committee reviewed more than 80 nominated books to select the seven finalists.
To an outstanding degree, each of the finalists met the criteria for the award:
- Critically addresses an issue of contemporary public importance.
- Brings to the topic a fresh, imaginative perspective.
- Advances social scientific understanding of the topic.
- Displays a theoretically informed view and empirical orientation.
- Evinces quality in style of writing.
- Explicitly or implicitly contains implications for courses of action.
The committee will select the final winner prior to the Annual Meeting and announce the winner at the awards banquet in Denver. All books will be recognized in the 2012 Annual Conference program and at the banquet. Click here for the full list of the 2011 finalists.
Posted Wednesday, 05/02/12, 11:23 AM - Category: Member News
- The Preliminary Program is now available online!
- Announcing the 2012 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- Social Problems 60.2 is now available online
- 2014 General Election - Nominations are open!
- Congratulations to the 2013 General Election Winners!
- NYC Walking Tours - SOLD OUT!
- NYC Walking Tours - Just a Few Tickets Remain!
- 2013 Annual Meeting Registration and Hotel Reservations
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Joseph B. Gittler Award
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Lee Founders Award
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award
- Condelences: Dr. Herbert A. Aurbach
- Social Problems Forum Winter 2013 Newsletter now available!
- Social Problems 60.1 is now available online
- Deadlines Approaching!
- Announcing the SSSP Listserv
- Upcoming SSSP Deadlines
- Social Problems Forum Fall Newsletter is now available!
- The Call for Papers for the 2013 Annual Meeting is now available!
- 2013 Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards