Latest SSSP News
Archives - June 2012
June 14, 2012
Hotel Reservation Reminder
Please remember to make your hotel reservation and stay conveniently on-site for the SSSP Annual Meeting! This hotel is a 5-7 minute walk to the ASA conference sites.
The special SSSP group rate is $189 per night (deluxe room rate and includes complimentary, high-speed wired internet access) at the Grand Hyatt Denver Hotel. Rate is exclusive of 14.85% tax and subject to change without notice.
To book a reservation, go to: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/SSSP2012. If necessary, you can also call the Central Reservations department directly at 888-421-1442 (24hrs). When you call to make your reservation, please give the group name (The Society for the Study of Social Problems) to ensure you are given the correct room rate. Please be sure to make your reservation as soon as possible to obtain this special rate! Reservations must be confirmed by Monday, July 23 at 12:00am (MST) to guarantee a room rate of $189/night. Reservations made after July 23rd or after the room block is filled (whichever comes first) are subject to non-availability and rate increase. Each reservation must be guaranteed with a credit card. There must be a 24 hours notice for cancellation prior to arrival. Any cancellation made after this will forfeit one night room and tax.
06/14/12, 12:05 PM
Call for Resolutions
SSSP resolutions constitute an important opportunity for our scholar-activist membership to publicly declare their sentiments, thereby creating a channel for greater visibility and more direct influence upon a variety of "publics," i.e., fellow activists, scholars, students, decision-makers, social action groups, voters, and others. Members who wish to propose resolutions for consideration, should submit them to the appropriate Division Chairperson(s) (see http://www.sssp1.org/index.cfm/m/464/The_Special_Problems_Divisions/ for current contact information) and directly to the SSSP Vice-President at email@example.com by July 1, 2012.
Click here for more information.
06/14/12, 12:01 PM
June 11, 2012
Social Problems Forum Summer Newsletter is now available!
Social Problems Forum: The Newsletter Volume 43:2 is now available. Also, check out this month’s Feature Article by Mike Stout: Social Capital as a Tool for Community and Economic Development.
06/11/12, 08:50 AM
- Announcing the 2012 C. Wright Mills Award Finalists
- Social Problems 60.2 is now available online
- 2014 General Election - Nominations are open!
- Congratulations to the 2013 General Election Winners!
- NYC Walking Tours - SOLD OUT!
- NYC Walking Tours - Just a Few Tickets Remain!
- 2013 Annual Meeting Registration and Hotel Reservations
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Joseph B. Gittler Award
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Lee Founders Award
- Nomination Deadline Approaching - 2013 Thomas C. Hood Social Action Award
- Condelences: Dr. Herbert A. Aurbach
- Social Problems Forum Winter 2013 Newsletter now available!
- Social Problems 60.1 is now available online
- Deadlines Approaching!
- Announcing the SSSP Listserv
- Upcoming SSSP Deadlines
- Social Problems Forum Fall Newsletter is now available!
- The Call for Papers for the 2013 Annual Meeting is now available!
- 2013 Student Paper Competitions and Outstanding Scholarship Awards
- Nominations for the 2012 C. Wright Mills Award